Given the circumstances I was pretty pleased overall with how our piece of work turned out. We managed to mirror the main aims of our manifesto on a basic level, but if we could do the process again I guess I’d like to add some depth to our work. We left the pieces pretty open to interpretation and I’m interested to find out if people understood the points we were trying to make without us overtly outlining them within the work itself. I guess you can never have too much research and I think if we had done some more on the topics we chose we would have had a lot more to say, but at the end of the day you’ve got to stop somewhere, the field of information and opinions on the political topics we chose are very far and dauntingly wide.
The production process was relatively easy, but as usual, time consuming. We started all sitting around the one computer which got pretty laborious so the next time we met we divided up the site so we could get things done quicker. It meant sacrificing a bit of creative control over each others work and I guess required a bit of trust, but in order to get things done within the week time frame it kind of became a necessity. We were just lucky to have such a great group! It was really good to listen to the work in the actual space out on cockatoo island and see how it worked on location and how it interacted with our allocated site. I think we managed to reach the brief pretty well and overall was quite happy with how it all turned out.